Skogenracing.com
Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

HemHem  SökSök  Latest imagesLatest images  Bli medlemBli medlem  Logga in  

Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto

Gå ner 
+33
Lister Mister
bosse
corrode
davus
Fiechen
S12Cat
kyllo
Johnny T.
Jpereira
Posmo
haggis
Zozz
Thierry
Boby
Tim
M-H
smurf
martini22
PePe
Tehnic
Jonas O
Luyo
YSM
ESKIN8R
InFlammen
nitrousnutter
Alcazar
Kovu
Mikael
Henrik
Öbbe
JBlom
Jankaou
37 posters
Gå till sida : Föregående  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Nästa
FörfattareMeddelande
Zozz
Skogenracing Small
Zozz

Antal inlägg : 44
Namn : Zoltán
Från : Hungary
Kör : Scorpio 2.9 12V Ghia, Sierra pinto EFI,
Registration date : 08-09-30

Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Empty
InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimesön 07 feb 2010, 11:44

Mikael skrev:
You don´t need to adjust the MAF with extra injectors.

If you don´t want extra fuelinjectors you can skip it and exchange the standard injectors for example 300. But it can be tricky to get it to work fine on lower rpm
OK thank you! Thats simplier than I thought. Smile
Till överst på sidan Gå ner
http://www.sierracorner.net/
Zozz
Skogenracing Small
Zozz

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimetis 09 mar 2010, 11:39

Mikael skrev:
You don´t need to adjust the MAF with extra injectors.

If you don´t want extra fuelinjectors you can skip it and exchange the standard injectors for example 300. But it can be tricky to get it to work fine on lower rpm
If i want to run on E85 will I need both the 300cc injectors and the K-jet injectors or it will work on only 300cc injectors? And maybe with E85 canI raise the boost to 0,7-0,8 bar on stock engine?
At here in Hungary the E85 is 40% cheaper than petrol and the costs raising every week, so that's why I thinking about E85
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

Antal inlägg : 15246
Namn : Mikael
Från : Gävle
Kör : Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Skidoo summit tjejskoter
Registration date : 06-10-11

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimetis 09 mar 2010, 12:22

Yes it´s 40% cheaper but takes 30-40% more fuel så it´s even in the end.

For E85 you need 30-40% bigger injectors and more k-jet injectors
http://www.skogenracing.com
Zozz
Skogenracing Small
Zozz

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimeons 24 mar 2010, 21:11

TICSierra skrev:
Funderade på att skaffa en styrning till extraspridarna...
Ser ut så här:
Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 68v68w

Med den går det att styra spridarna så att dom tex är öppna:
0,5 BAR --> 20%
0,6 BAR --> 30%
0,7 BAR --> 40%
0,8 BAR --> 50%
1,0 BAR --> 60%
osv. till 8 olika värden
De använder dom på tex motorcyklar när dom turbokonverteras
Med det här systemet skulle man ju slippa att den surar ner och jävlas när man gasar på bara lite, och inte funkar endast på fullgas som det är nu.
Är bra mycket billigare alternativ än ställbart sprut, så tänkte testa, hittade ett ganska förmånligt begagnat.
Så vad tror ni?
I found this in an old topic of sierra turbo. I think this is an extra injector driver. If Im right this need only 12V and a vacuum pipe for its integrated MAP andit calculates the extra injectors open percentage? When open this device the injectors? it constantly triggering the extra injectors or it follows the stock injectors and opens the same time? The thing why I asking these is that I have a friend who knows PIC programing andmaybe he could make a PIC controlled device what can control the extra injectors from a MAP sensor's signal. And it will be more accurate mixture when boostthan a pressure switch version. My friend told that he need to know the injectors current usage and in what time need to open them or they will constantly open-close when boost but the open time lengte will be adjusted by the boost?
Big sorry for the long question Embarassed Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Idiot
Can somebody post me an MSN address to talk about this some time?
I hate that I dont understand swedish. It would be more easier Very Happy

Or I'm an idiot to thinking about something like this Rolling Eyes
Posmo
Skogenracing Small

Antal inlägg : 2
Namn : Timi
Från : Finland
Kör : '86 iS
Registration date : 10-04-28

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimeons 28 apr 2010, 11:28

Thanks a lot for the guide at the first page of this thread, Mikael! I've been lurking here for quite a while. I'm in the process of turbocharging my 1986 Sierra iS. I mostly understand the principle behind the pressureswitch driven injectors, I do have a few questions though:

1. Is it neccessary to use K-jet cold start injectors for the extra fuel? They are quite hard to come by, so is it ok, if I just use a set of 4 extra Sierra iS injectors? Is there something special/different about the K-jet ones which requires one to use them?

2. How much should I expect to pay for a pressure switch like the ones you use? I've been looking online, but I can't really find them. A picture of one for reference would be great.

3. How much power should I be expecting from a 2.0 pinto, stock compression with a ported head, 265 degree cam, t25 -sized turbo and about 0.6 bar of boost?

The injection question is the one I'd really like to get an answer to, since it would speed up the turbo build, since I wouldn't have to go on a search for the k-jet injectors.

Thanks in advance! Smile
Thierry
Skogenracing Medium
Thierry

Antal inlägg : 83
Namn : Thierry
Från : FRANCE
Kör : hondschoote
Registration date : 09-11-22

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimeons 28 apr 2010, 11:31

Posmo skrev:

2. How much should I expect to pay for a pressure switch like the ones you use? I've been looking online, but I can't really find them. A picture of one for reference would be great.

Same problem in france. We don't find it...
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimeons 28 apr 2010, 12:29

1. No it´s not requiered to use K-jet, ordinay works fine. Use the IS injectors as extrafuel, it will work fine for 1bar of boost.

2. Around 20-50euro for a adjusteble pressureswitch, you are just looking at the wrong places. It´s common used a pressure guard in the fabrics and so on.

3. around 200hp i would guess.
Posmo
Skogenracing Small

Antal inlägg : 2
Namn : Timi
Från : Finland
Kör : '86 iS
Registration date : 10-04-28

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimeons 28 apr 2010, 12:45

Mikael skrev:
1. No it´s not requiered to use K-jet, ordinay works fine. Use the IS injectors as extrafuel, it will work fine for 1bar of boost.

2. Around 20-50euro for a adjusteble pressureswitch, you are just looking at the wrong places. It´s common used a pressure guard in the fabrics and so on.

3. around 200hp i would guess.

Thanks a lot! Really relieved about the injector thing. Need to start fabricating the extra injector wiring. Smile
Zozz
Skogenracing Small
Zozz

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimesön 16 maj 2010, 18:41

I have now 5 cold start valves but I want to put them close to the cilynder head as I can. But I dont know if there is any difference between the flow rate. I have 2 with 0 280 170 400 number and 2 with 0 280 170 432. I can't find any data of them on the internet.
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimesön 16 maj 2010, 19:07

Put them on the pipe thats between intercooler and intake manifol, no need to put them nearer the cylinderhead than that
Jpereira
Skogenracing Small

Antal inlägg : 3
Namn : Joao
Från : portugal
Kör : sierra 2.0
Registration date : 11-01-20

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimetor 20 jan 2011, 17:07

Hello I'm John,
I'm from Portugal and after seeing many videos of skogenracing I was convinced and bought a sierra 2.0is engine paint.
next step is to convert to turbo, and now already have cosworth pistons and I'm looking for a turbo volvo.
my idea is 200 hp.

I liked to ask some questions because despite having read much like to know:
is possible to have 200 hp turbo volvo and without extra injectors?
I have to do to walk without extra injectors?

thanks
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimetor 20 jan 2011, 17:33

You can change to larger injectors and use a bigger maf sensor to trick the system to give lesser fuel on lower revs
Jpereira
Skogenracing Small

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimetor 20 jan 2011, 19:40

thanks for the quick response and attention

but other issues arise, what kind of injectors? volvo 2.3 turbo? cosworth? which the capacity needed?
maf sensor which to use? bmw 528,530?

is there any conversion of these that works well? injectors and maf sensor that were used?

I want to buy stuff but I have to take the doubt to not make mistakes.

thanks
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimetor 20 jan 2011, 20:06

Find jnjectors from a car that has the same bhp as your goal. Saab for example. Cosworth don´t work good due to it´s low impedance injectors

I have seen one car here i sweden at least that use 350cc injectors with a bmw 535 maf
Jpereira
Skogenracing Small

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimetor 20 jan 2011, 21:28

thanks
I'll try, if not successful will have to be extra injectors.
I'm giving news
This time I will buy what I need!
thanks
Johnny T.
Skogenracing Small
Johnny T.

Antal inlägg : 13
Namn : Jaanis
Från : Latvia
Kör : Ford Sierra 2.0i ohc
Registration date : 11-07-20

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimesön 11 mar 2012, 13:52

Since there are some pictures missing in the beginning, I was wondering, from where do you take oil feed for turbocharger? Do you use this oil filter adaptor:
Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Oil%20Filter%20Adaptor

or something like this:
Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Troinjiks

And where could i find something like 2nd one?
Mikael
Skogencrew
Mikael

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimesön 11 mar 2012, 17:49

You can use both. Search at places that sell oilpressuare gauges, they should have the 2nd type
Johnny T.
Skogenracing Small
Johnny T.

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimesön 11 mar 2012, 19:31

Thnx, searched over the internet, there is large range on first item, so I'm gonna go with that. Thought that second would be a simpler choice, but I can't find it enywhere.
kyllo
Skogenracing Small
kyllo

Antal inlägg : 15
Namn : kyllo
Från : est
Kör : 72 Taunus 2.0 T
Registration date : 11-02-13

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimetis 13 mar 2012, 00:04

there`s no "Hydroscand" in latvia? if there is, then thats where you should go! they sell lots of bits and pieces you might need.
thatone i got from Hydroscand in Estonia.
Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Large_26490765_u6Hv
Johnny T.
Skogenracing Small
Johnny T.

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimetis 13 mar 2012, 08:06

Actually, there is, and that was the first place i looked. I wasn't sure, if they had one with correct thread. Do you have ford block in this picture? And whats the code for that t-piece?
kyllo
Skogenracing Small
kyllo

Antal inlägg : 15
Namn : kyllo
Från : est
Kör : 72 Taunus 2.0 T
Registration date : 11-02-13

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimetis 13 mar 2012, 19:04

srry, i dont know the code and you wont be needing it! you`ll get the right one when you take the oilpressure sensor along and show it to the shopkeeper!
and yes, thats my pinto 2.0 block on the pic, that im working on!
S12Cat
Skogenracing Small

Namn :
Från : Russia
Kör :
Registration date : 12-03-20

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimetis 20 mar 2012, 09:42

Good day to all.
I have a question - what do you mean by "stock compression ratio". 9,2 or 8,5 ? Injection pinto has both variants. So I don't sure will 9,2 withstand 0,6 bar of boost or not.
S12Cat
Skogenracing Small

Namn :
Kör :

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimetor 22 mar 2012, 08:11

Nodbody knows "stock compression ratio" ?
Fiechen
Skogenracing Supreme
Fiechen

Antal inlägg : 827
Namn : David
Från : Fjärholma
Kör : Ford Taunus 2.0T Audi 80 Audi A4 1.8TSQ
Registration date : 10-06-28

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimefre 23 mar 2012, 11:13

S12Cat skrev:
Good day to all.
I have a question - what do you mean by "stock compression ratio". 9,2 or 8,5 ? Injection pinto has both variants. So I don't sure will 9,2 withstand 0,6 bar of boost or not.

You probably have 9.2 compression ratio and it will easily withstand 0.6 bars of boost.
S12Cat
Skogenracing Small

Namn :
Kör :

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitimefre 23 mar 2012, 21:15

Fiechen skrev:
You probably have 9.2 compression ratio and it will easily withstand 0.6 bars of boost.
I'm surely have 9.2 compression ratio. Because I'm converting it from high compression carburettor version to injector version.
I'm glad to know it can withstand 0.6 bar.
Thanks a lot.
Sponsored content

InläggRubrik: Sv: Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto   Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto - Sida 6 Icon_minitime

Pinto Turbo Conversion - Howto
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 6 av 7Gå till sida : Föregående  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Nästa
 Liknande ämnen
-
» About the Pinto turbo conversion
» Wich turbo to choose for PINTO conversion
» [ FRANCE ] Ford Taunus 1974 2.0 pinto turbo conversion
» turbo technics pinto turbo manifold
» Pinto Turbo - Gearboxes

Behörigheter i detta forum:Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet